Sunday 11 November 2012

Nails of the week !

So the last few weeks I've been mad about green and blue nails. My nails are in really bad condition at the moment and keep chipping and breaking so Im not going to paint them for a week or two so I can get them back to better condition. These are just two of my recent favourites! :) Enjoy !


My first favourite is Rimmels 60 second nail polish in the shade "819 Green with Envy". I never use Rimmel nail polishes but this is a recent purchase and I definately will be investing in some more of Rimmels oh so affordable nail polishes. I applied two coats and then a top coat of this but even after just one coat the colour was perfect. The colour lasted a good 2 days before it started to chip which is good for me as my nail polish always chips really easily! The colour is gorgeous, it looks more blue at first glance but when you look properly its more of an emerald green/teal depending on the lighting. I paid 4.95euro for this, well worth it !

 Nubar nail polish in the shade "Mali-Blue" - just under 9euro.


Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper in the shade "10 Glorious Aquarius" - 2.95euro
 
                                                                                                                                                          
For this look I use the two above nail polishes! First I used a base coat, then the Nubar nail polish then the Essence topper and then a clear topcoat. It took about 3 or 4 days for this to chip, I found it lasted really well. I LOVED this look and thought it looked really nice on. I dont like tacky looking nails and at first I wast so sure about the glitter top coat but because the pieces of glitter were slightly bigger then usual glitter I actually liked the glitter. It took 3 coats of the Nubar nail polish before it came out the bright blue that it did but that would be the only little fault, apart from that I loved the Nubar nail polish and they also have a great range of other lovely colours I would like to try out. (You can buy Nubar nail polish on www.beautybay.com)


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love both of these they look beautiful :) I'm really loving blue nail polish at the moment too! Do you have a nail buffer? I've found that's made a massive difference to the condition of my nails and I kept mine really short for a couple of months so that they could get stronger :) Love your blog <3
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent got one but now that you mention it I think that shall be my next purchase, thanks :) I think I will have to cut mine abit shorter for awhile too :( Thank you ! xx

      Delete